Dear Sir/Madam

I AM A COCA-COLA DRINKER FOR SOME YEARS NOW!

Please help me understand why the new 'Gold Tops' drinks are different in taste. The truth is that, the new one tastes horrible. It tastes more like another 'drink' of a different company.

At the moment I am running around looking for the remaining last batch of the 'red' tops.

Please, may I be advised! Can somebody tell us, where the problems is? Can this be investigated? Can the Coca-cola authorities conduct a survey and find out the root of this change?

Thanks

WORRIED COKE DRINKER.

GODFREY

Comments

Mine tastes weird now

My case of coke has the bad taste & matches the bar code for the returnable case.iI live in Allentown Pa & have seen people returning coke.Where & when can I get the original formula

I'm so glad I found this website - I have liked Coke for years now. I remember the horrible taste of "New Coke".

Thankfully, that went away quickly. In the last few months, I have noticed that every time I open a can of Coke, it tastes flat, like it is an old batch or it has been open for a couple of days. Even a brand new can, the first drink tastes completely flat. At first I thought perhaps I just bought some old stock.

Then I bought a can at work and it tasted exactly the same! Why do companies have to change things everyone has loved for years!

I can tell you, I will NOT be buying Coke anymore - I will have to find another drink to fill its place.

@Sher

It's Coke& Pepsi for last 10 years. They don't seem to care.

There losing tons of money.

I got a six in fridge I can't stand the taste. Im done with both,reluctantly.

@Darren Hutton

Coke tastes bad like chemical or soap in it. Bottle after bottle so told my wife to stop buying it. Waste of money

realnews

Coke was better that Pepsi until they dropped the classic again and changed the formula again now it sucks it tastes flat and the flavor is gone so now Pepsi is better and so is Dr Pepper.They did this slyly and secretly but the taste they can't hide and I notice the Classic is no longer on the product. Classic coke is no more and was replaced with just a poor imitation thats flat with no flavor or tang anymore i I now have to switch to Pepsi.

I am returning the 4 cases I bought last night as well as the new bottles and get the same in Pepsi.

I have one case of classic left and when it is gone so is coke which I have drank for 40 years but never thought they would put themselves out of business as far as I am concerned so Pepsi is way better now and coke now is way worse!!!!!! It won't take long for people to realize the deceptive change.

Im from South Africa and the tast of Coke is horrible theirs a huge Change for the last 2 months and I switched to Pepsi now so something is totally wrong with coke!!!

A quote from wiki:

Since 1980 in the U.S., Coke has been made with high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) as an ingredient. Originally it was used in combination with more expensive cane-sugar, but by late 1984 the formulation was sweetened entirely with HFCS.

Another quote:

In August 2010, PepsiCo entered into a 4-year agreement with Senomyx for the development of artificial high-potency sweeteners for PepsiCo beverages. Under the contract, PepsiCo is paying $30 million to Senomyx for the research and future royalties on PepsiCo products sold using Senomyx technology.

To make a long story short... When I was a small, SMALL child, I remember coke being sensational. By the time "new" Coke and "Coke Classic" were released... it tasted... "strange". And now, they have quietly started putting yet another "mysterious" additive into it which translates into YUCK!

The other day, I realized that COKE has been my LEAST FAVORITE soda for as far back as I can remember. It's always THE LAST that I choose. It's thick, syrupy, and leaves a chalky, gritty feeling on your teeth after you drink it. It tastes flat and gawd awful after only a few minutes out of the fridge.

I thought that I was the only one who noticed!

The fact is, after the "new coke" disaster in the mid '80s, they just decided to NOT SAY ANYTHING every time they change the formula and start adding "mystery chemicals" into it. Most people have this silly, over hyped idea that the recipe for Coke is somehow "sacred" and never gets changed. Think again...

Ever hear the word "Senomyx" before now? Neither have I...

"Coke is it!"

More like...

"Coke is (SH)IT!"

I have stopped buying Coke. I noticed a good time ago that the flavour had changed and thought it was maybe a bad batch.

If it was, I must've got every can from that batch over about two years. There used to be a real satisfying flavour to cold Coke that has definitely gone now.

I bought a can today for the first time in months (which I am still drinking as I write) and I have that horrible, syrupy after-taste that I have now come to associate with coke. I'll buy Irn Bru from now on...

Coke has tasted like *** to me ever since they changed the flavor back in the 80's. But when I would travel out of the country, I noticed it was good, so I would purchase it.

A coworker told me the reason is probably high fructose corn syrup. I am not sure when all the soda companies started using it (I am not a huge soda drinker) but have sought out the Mexican Coke and the Throwback Pepsi (which I have always preferred to Coke anyway!)so I can get my occasional soda fix. My all time favorite is Boylan's Red Birch beer and Boylan's DOES NOT use HFCS.

Problem is that it's hard to find. :sigh

Im living in italy & i have noticed this change for the past 3 months. Coca-cola tastes horrible nowadays, I tried to persevere with the taste but as a consequence got bad Acid reflux ....

I have completely shut my consumption of coke these past week and now im feeling much much better.

So now instead of drinking good coca-cola at diner time im having a cup of fresh water .... hope no1 changes water also :upset

I too agree that something is very different in the taste of coca-cola in the white can. It does taste flat and does not have that burning zing you get from a really good coke. Please fix it back.

Yes! It's changed recently!

No one else I talk to notices, and so at first I wasn't sure if it was just me.

Then, I had coke from an old case, and it tasted good again! All coke after that has tasted poor...

It's a shame, but I've switched to root beer now.

What has Coke done ? I am 55 and have drinked Coke all the time.

However the taste is not good at all. What has happened? I just opened a can and it taste like it has been opened for 2 days. Is there any chance the company do something about this?

If this taste continues I will not purchase anymore. This will not be good for I love Coke.

dave t

Ive noticed recently coke is tasting like *** as well... something is different...

it goes flat very very quickly once opened and tastes so bad i cant even finish the can.. The first time i noticed this was at a discount grocery store that sells stuff much cheaper with no name brands etc but they did have coke.. i just assumed it must have been a bad batchs and is how they were so cheap... then i went back to kroger where i normally shop and while one case would taste ok, a week later i'd get the same case and it just tastes horrible...

glad its not just me thinking something is going on.. The cans i have in the house right now that taste like *** were canned in atlanta Ga.

Ive had several of these *** cases recently and im just about to switch to something else... glad its not just me thinking something is going on..

@dave in Indiana

I agree also, I kept fooling myself i probably just got a bad batch.. but after purchased 30+ times with the newer taste im convinced its just how the new formula is.. sorta reminds me of how similar redbull is before and now too, you'd understand if youre a redbull addicts like me lol..

I also noticed Pepsi tastes a bit different but nothing radically like coke :)

I'm also 26 years old I should be in Perfect Health if I continue with this Soda Addiction it will KILL me literally.

It's the Illuminati they are behind this and the Softdrink Product Placement in the Movies. Coke does tast different.

It's a Depopulation Agenda all Drinks taste different unless it's Dr. Pepper. Cokecola Cherry is the only thing I can stomach and now I have Acidosis and Acid Reflux Symptoms. Just like the GMOS and MSG it's the Taste that kills you.

I want to sue them for destroying my teeth. Cokecola is more deadly than Adolf Hitler! I refuse to believe this lie Pepsi also tastes like ***. Soda has NeuroToxins and Drinking Soda has given me acidosis sympthoms and Acid Reflux.

It has done a number on my Teeth as well. It's not the same stuff I grew up drinking the flavors taste different more Acidic and more Toxic than ever. A BioMechanical Agent taste that is what these New Illuminati Controlled Softdrinks taste like. I KNOW I'm not the only one that notices this.

I grew up drinking Pepsi and now Pepsi's taste has changed so much I can't drink it.

It's contains Formaldehyde! I want a Class Action Lawsuit over this!

the yellow cap coke is only available during passover and has sugar instead of HFCS. it's a jewish dietary law during passover that prohibits consumption of chametz or kitnyot (corn syrup is kitnyot) that has been soaked in water for longer than 18 minutes.

it's not "new coke". they do this every year and most people seek out the yellow capped stuff.

Coca Cola Reviews